SouthWest Care Skills Services
SouthWest Care Skills provides expert clinical advice, training and mentoring for Health and Social Care professionals,
in the areas of Acute Care and Long-term Care for older people, Dementia Care, Mental Capacity, Clinical Holding,
End-of-Life Care and related areas, including Continuing Health Care Assessments and Best Interest Assessments.
- Expert Clinical Advice on Older Adult Acute Care, Treatment, Medication, Dementia, Constipation, Clinical Holding etc
- Court Reports, particularly for the Court of Protection
- Best Interest Assessment for Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Capacity Assessment
- Continuing Health Care (CHC) Assessments - independent expert opinion/advice on appellants' appeals
- Observation and Review. Indepedent Reviews of Dementia Care and other Nursing Care practices. Accredited observer for use of
'Person Interaction and Environment' tool used in the National Audit of Dementia Care.
- Training Development: Scenario development for online learning, expert contribution to and participation in training films etc.
- Training: Dementia Care including Awareness, Pain Assessment, Understanding Distressed Behaviour, Impact of Pain, Constipation etc.
- Training: Older Adults Complex Care; End-of-Life Care and associated Ethical Issues
- Training: Constipation in Older Adults - Assessment and Management
- Training: Mental Capacity Act; Capacity Assessment
- Training: Accredited observer/trainer for use of 'Sit and See' tool for Assessment of Quality of Care
- Training: Accredited trainer with CPI for training on Clinical Holding in the context of providing care and treatment to adults lacking capacity to consent or comply
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.